Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 3- Nov 13

Becoming more and more in touch with my mind and body I wonder, why are people so close minded? Everyone is a part of some culture so am I? Just because I was raised in Poland with a dad that would kill both me and my boyfriend if he was black, does that mean I have to feel the same way? The world we live in is so advanced and has so many resources we gain knoweladge from, shouldn't we know that just because we survived on what we know, it doesn't mean what we know is the only right thing in this world? Everyone survives, which for a rational person would lead to a conclusion that states: everyones believes, traditions and overall culture is right! Why do we than make fun of people that practice certain rituals that are rare in this country of even speak a little different?
I also noticed that most people we meet everyday are not very happy all the time. They might have happy moments but (noticing from my own experience) if most people meet someone that is always happy and excited, they are automatically weird?
I cried today. It was an amazing experience because it was full of all kinds of emotions and spirituality. I was reading about juice fasting and I couldn't help but feel the pain and the experiences of Mr. Tom McGregor while he became closer to God and also himself. I feel so pure I cannot imagine the days to come. Its only day three and I feel like I've already achieved greatness. What is really odd is that I haven't done anything for the past two days but ponder. Because of my cold and my tounge being so swollen because of the piercing, I've experienced a lot of pain and discomfort. And yet, my mind was able to overlook those obstacles and focus on rejuvenation and tranquility. I am becoming very eager for the gifts this fast has to offer and I am so thankful to God for seeing me worthy enough to receive them.

No comments: